Wednesday 25 June 2008

After Newark

Hi Folks,
Just recovering after a very busy Newark kit car show. As with Stoneleigh, very many people coming onto the stand to see the car and many many positive comments. My main concern now is that quite a few of the potential 'new' builders are planning on waiting until the 'darker' nights to build their cars. I can see that around September/October time we will have a sudden rush and a few customers will be disappointed to learn that their kit won't be ready until next Spring!

I keep trying to tell them that they need to order straight away so that the work load can be spread out evenly and therefore be in with a chance of having something to work on over the winter, but there are still those who don't believe me.

We could have sold the 'Demonstrator' several times again at the show but then the stand would look a little empty for Peterborough and Exeter.

Some of our customers from far and wide came to Newark and it's always nice to meet people you've only previously spoken to on the phone. I don't know why it seems 'better' to be able to put a face to a voice but that's the way I've always felt. It seems somehow more personal.

Anyway, just finishing off some seats, hood frames and various parts for another slightly 'bumped' Gentry so off to the workshop for me.

See you again at the end of next week.

Geoff