Wednesday 11 February 2009

Update Wednesday 11th February 2009

Okay, my mistake. I have been so busy that I forgot to come and look at the blog to see when the update was due. I have resolved the issue now by putting the dates into my outlook calendar so in future there should be not more missed updates as the calendar will remind me.

The current build is going very well. The windscreens are being made in China! it is the only place that will make them at a reasonable cost and waive the 'set up' costs.
We are making some slight alterations during this build so that all the little bits that we feel could be improved upon are sorted. Nothing great or probably noticeable but I feel that they will improve the car further.
The current build will be having a 1500 spitfire engine and Ford type 9 gearbox so it will be very interesting to compare the difference in gearbox performance once it is built. I feel that not having to 'extend' the gearbox remote will be a big advantage. The Ford type 9 places the gear lever exactly where you would want it without the need for any alterations whatsoever.

We are looking at seat designs as the new 'IVA' which replaces the SVA test in April requires headrests to be fitted. We have developed a good design which should make a good strong comfortable seat, be easier for the trimmer to trim and comply with the new regulations.

Still picking up a few pieces here and there for the 'police' replica but the build is not being progressed as work is just too busy.

Next update Friday 20th February and thereafter every 2 weeks!!

Geoff