Saturday 21 February 2009

Update Sat 21st February

Hi All

I have just had to endure a week of waiting, trying to fill my time with all the various little jobs that go with a complete build, whilst waiting for some new panels to arrive.
I have altered the bulkhead design to add more strength to the top, slightly more length to help those who are taller and hopefully an inch or two in the width to help with foot room around the pedals
At the same time we have sent the louvred side panels to the fibreglass guru to see if we can have them molded so that in future they could also be a fibreglass panel instead of aluminium.
The trouble is all these things take time and when you need the completed article to continue with the build it can delay things, anyway a slight delay now is always better if it helps to improve the buildability and quality of the car in the long run!
The current build is going to be red when finished and as soon as we have settled on the exact colour and had the engine bay painted I will post a photo or two. Finding a red that looks right for the car is not as easy as it sounds. To those of you that I have emailed about your cars colour, Thank You, it always helps to use a known colour rather than randomly picking a colour that may or may not be suitable.
Anyway, must get back to the tiling in the kitchen! I've already pushed my luck as far as I dare with the kitchen (that still isn't quite finished) and so have to make a special effort over the weekend to keep everyone happy.

see you in a fortnight

Geoff