Sunday 24 January 2010

Update Sunday 24th 'January

Hi All
I've recovered from my rantings on the last 'official' update and then dropping in the French video update nearly upset everything as I came close to forgetting to update this weekend!
Many thanks to all those who emailed me regarding the issues raised in the rant. it appears as thought I am not alone in either issue.

The house build is now making good progress, work is busy and the slight alterations we are making to the kit are coming on well. Then you are brought back to reality when an old colleague phones to inform you that another ex-colleague and friend has just died. At 55 yrs and after only 1 years retirement it makes it very clear to you were the priorities should lie. My thoughts go to Sandra and family at this difficult time. Bob was a friend from way back and will be missed by all those who knew him.

Did you enjoy the French video? I did, even though my French is very poor. Elwyn, to answer your question, I believe that most of the photographs used in the video clip were taken at Stoneleigh, probably at the kit car show. At the time, we were using Digby as our car and would have put it on the club stand.

See you in a fortnight.

Geoff